My Vivio RXR at the race track

Voor alle vragen die je niet kwijt kunt in de overige forums. Geen technische vragen AUB.
gearheadeh
Nieuw lid
Contacteer:

My Vivio RXR at the race track

Ongelezen bericht door gearheadeh » wo, 06 jul 2011, 06:03:06

Hello, I have decided to let you guys in on the fact that I now have what is for me a dream car of mine. It is a 1992 Vivio RXR with the EN07X which has the DOHC 16 valve supercharged and intercooled 660cc 4 cylinder engine. It was originally in Japan and imported to Canada. Iam the 3rd Canadian owner. I have owned 10 Subaru Justies in the past,( still have 5) but I really wanted one of these cars now for atleast 2 years. I traded a Running Justy for this car, did a minor repair, and have really been enjoying it since. Recently I had the chance to take it out to our local Drag strip. They have a open Friday night Drag session for licensed street cars every week. I cannot afford dyno time, but wanted to find out what this little thing would do while stone stock. Before I start modifying it for more power! I call my little terror: TAZ for the Lonnytoones Cartoon character. The one who is small and spins like a tornado as it cuts down anything in its path.

Here is Taz in line to get Teched, Iam using steel 13 inch rims off of a Justy, no wheel covers are allowed while racing.

Afbeelding

I made 6 passes down the old 1/4 mile track, all very traction limited in first and sometimes half way thru 2nd gear..
My best E.T. was 17.361 and M.P.H. was 78.94
Iam really happy with the results for a track like Race City at 3380 feet of elevation. Iam told that our Air density can be as high as 5000 feet sometimes. This means that a car can run 5 to 8 tenths quicker at sea level.

I took the car to get weighed at our local truck stop,cost me $10.00 Dollars :(

Afbeelding

Turns out the car weighs 730 KG, 20 KG more than Wiki says it should. This is surprizing considering I took out the spare tire, jack, factory tool kit, Tire cover in the trunk plus the rear parcel shelf. Once my immensitude is added(with helmet) the car weighs 1895LBS or 860KGs. I know.... it was my HEAVY :rolleyes:
TAZ Floor mats,Steering wheel cover, Taz seat cover and Stuffed Taz Mascot!

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Here is a pic of the 2001 stock N.A. Imprezza I raced and was only Slower than by 1.1 seconds and 4 MPH.:D

Afbeelding

So I had a great time, I used the water box every time and the sound of that little 4 banger revving to 9500 RPM as the tires burned off was cool :)
My Justy is starting to feel large when I drive it. Time for something SMALL.

Leone station turbo
SYC addict

Re: My Vivio RXR at the race track

Ongelezen bericht door Leone station turbo » wo, 06 jul 2011, 07:14:58

Nice :duimpie: 8)
Old Subarus never die, they just get faster!!

LeoneTurbo
SYC addict

Ongelezen bericht door LeoneTurbo » wo, 06 jul 2011, 11:11:12

Very nice indeed! Do replace the rod bearings as a precautionary measure, it's only a 2 hour job and prevents unhappiness :mrgreen:

LeonBrigitte
SYC addict
daily subaru: Impreza plus 1.6 GL bwj 1999 GROEN 189.000km
Iveco 2.8TD
Contacteer:

Ongelezen bericht door LeonBrigitte » wo, 06 jul 2011, 22:31:22

Very nice, looks great.

Deimos000
daily subaru: None
Contacteer:

Ongelezen bericht door Deimos000 » do, 07 jul 2011, 11:28:32

I envy you! :mrgreen:

How much did it set you back?
DiGa (Sport)Fotografie / http://www.digafoto.nl

gearheadeh
Nieuw lid
Contacteer:

Ongelezen bericht door gearheadeh » do, 07 jul 2011, 13:35:56

Deimos000 schreef:I envy you! :mrgreen:

How much did it set you back?
Sorry if I seem too proad or gloating, I just could not have afforded it any other way. When the car first sold from the importer to the first owner here in Calgary, is was over $5000 Canadian dollars, he drove it only 3000 kms and had to wait for 8 months for a new water pump and timing belt to be acquired from Japan. It has been the policy of all of the Subaru Dealers in North America to NOT support these JDM cars, no parts, not even telling what the part numbers are! So he got tired of it and tried to sell it thru the local paper. He was asking $3000 which I could not afford. Then 6 months later in January, the new owner had an issue were it would not rev up past 600 rpm and ran very rough. He asked $1500 or TRADES. So I traded him my 1995 4 door STD trans Justy with over 300,000 kms for it. I had purchased this Justy for $500 2 years previously, so it owed me nothing. The car has a perfect front windshield so I did not start driving it until the spring. It was a VERY minor fix of a disconnected map sensor hose!! :D
My Justy is starting to feel large when I drive it. Time for something SMALL.

Deimos000
daily subaru: None
Contacteer:

Ongelezen bericht door Deimos000 » vr, 08 jul 2011, 11:20:28

So it ended up to be a 'bargain'! Nice find :mrgreen:

I can hardly believe the little pocket rocket is as fast as an impreza!

Odd enough that the North American dealers won't give up partnumbers. You should be able to get those from internet (or some european source that has access to the JDM partlist).

Can you make a little clip with the engine noise? :)
DiGa (Sport)Fotografie / http://www.digafoto.nl

LeoneTurbo
SYC addict

Ongelezen bericht door LeoneTurbo » vr, 08 jul 2011, 12:38:27

Not odd, they simply don't have the information.

But I have a JDM parts catalogue so I can look up most numbers.

Plaats reactie